We encourage you to join us in raising awareness on human trafficking, and supporting the courageous women who seek to escape the sex industry. Volunteers are needed for transport, outreach, events, office support, book studies, mentoring, case management, social enterprise development and more.
Please fill out the form below to register for our training. An invoice will be sent to you through PayPal from Cherished LA for the amount of $50. This fee covers your training manual and lunch.
We also ask all attendees to prepare for the training by completing a reading and reflection assignment prior to the training. This assignment is not optional for those who wish to become Cherished Volunteers.
The following books are available at Amazon.com:
(1) Boundaries by Henry Cloud & John Townsend (Chapters 1, 2, 4, 14 & 15);
(2) Safe People by Henry Cloud & John Townsend (Chapters 9, 10 & 12)
(3) Treating the Adult Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse, by Jody Messler Davies & Mary Gail Frawley (Chapters 3, 7 & 8)
Once you have completed the reading, please submit a confidential response to email@example.com. Your response need only be between 600 and 1,000 words answering the following:
(1) Reflect on a time when you encountered an unsafe person or you were an unsafe person.
(2) Reflect on a time when someone violated your boundaries.
(3) What did you get from Treating the Adult Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse?